FEVERFEW (Chrysanthemum Partgenium)
AKA Bachelor's -Button & Featherfew
Body Influences: Analgestic, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-microbial, Antipyretic, Bitter, Carminative, Tonic.
Part Used: The Whole Plant
Feverfew has been used as an herb to reduce fevers (Febrifuge). Feverfew comes from the latin word febrifugia, which means "driver out of fever". If contractions were not regular, It was often used in childbirth to assist in the delivery of the afterbirth. It was recommended for "all inflammation & hot swellings" .
Feverfew is effective in reducing the number and serverity of headaches, as well as alleviating the nausea and vomiting that often accompanies them. It has greater activity in inhibiting inflammation and fever than aspirin in experimental studies. Feverfew also decreases the secretion of inflammatory particles from platetlets & white blood cells.
- Natural Pain Reliever, migraine headaches, chills, fever, colds & inflammation from arthritis.
- Should be taken daily as a preventative for migraine headaches.
- It increases fluidity of lung & bronchial tube mucus.
- it aids in allowing the body to heal itself & is a natural way to strengthen the body.
- Has been used to restore natural liver function.
- Alcohol will destroy feverfews healing properties
Great for but not limited to the following:
- Ague (Malaria)
- Appetite Stimulant
- Digestive issues
- Female issues
- Hot Flashes
- Menopause symptoms
- Menstrual Cramps
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sinus Headache